Whispering Heart

My blog. all about my life and times as a 22 year old.

Tuesday, September 26

Thank You Loved Ones

Thank God For Parents


I just realized today that my parents did an incredible Job of raising us kids.

Thank you Mom
Thank you Dad

Because that took their time and made sure that we knew right and wrong.

Because they made sure we knew that we did not have to cave to pressure

Because they showed thier Love for eachother and us.

Because i was able to be 'ok' with single, I am now with the woman i would lay down and die for.

because my parents always told me that it was ok to be different then everyone else i did not grow up feeling retarded or stupid.

because they showed me that beating addictions is not peachy and easy i was able to beat some of mine (like pot)

because they always forgave and asked for forgivness i have a hard time holding grudges (most of the time)

because they showed me how to shoulder responsibility, I can take it when i Fuck up.


I would type more but i must get back to work...

I Love You Mom
I Love You Dad

Thank you.

~~Whispering Heart~~

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're absolutely right my love, your parents ARE wonderful and have done alot for you all. :D

1:55 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I left you that other comment, but it hasnt shown up >_< (well it does when you click on "comment" but not on your page) irk!

3:28 p.m.  
Blogger Hope said...

You just have no idea how much I needed to hear something like this today dearest oldest son. Thank you.

love,
Mom

7:16 p.m.  
Blogger Pru said...

You are right - they did do an incredible job, didn't they? I sometimes forget that when I'm struggling with the shit that I have to deal with in my life. It's good to be reminded of all the good things, because our parents are wonderful people and I'd rather have them than any other parents in the world.
I love you too brother.

2:50 p.m.  
Blogger Steve F. said...

I only know your mom from the blogosphere - and I know you hardly at all. But your posts have touched me deeply.

I'm an advisor for an all-guys youth group, and I tend to see a lot of guys. A lot of them have had some really lousy, lousy parents. So it's so very cool when either (a) I see guys who have had good, solid parents or (b) guys who somehow find in our group the guidance, support and love that they never found at home.

Today, I give thanks for you - and for being brave/smart/sensitive enough to write these words.

Peace,
Steve

10:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home