Whispering Heart

My blog. all about my life and times as a 22 year old.

Monday, August 7

Vacation!!

So me, and my lovely promised one, (mentioned in earlier posts as girlfriend) are on vacation! (And oddly enough this is one of the only times I find time to write?)

We started of my two weeks of rest at a lakeside campground called Spring Lake located just 27km North of Hythe
in Alberta, Canada.

We nearly did not make it out to the lake due to six-eight inches of mud and we nearly managed to hit the ditch once.

My promised one and I enjoyed our time there despite nearly constant rain and a small leaky tent. We borrowed a canoe and sailed the lake during one of the sunny patches, and played cards and drove around during the frequent wet patches.

Our time there, however came to an end, and we packed up our tent and all into my cosy, albeit small, car.

After a bit of a bustle in the nearby city of
Grande Prairie we were off, this time to Saskatchewan.

First of course we stopped by one of Alberta’s tourist attractions. the worlds largest pysanka, located in Vegreville we took pictures and stretched our legs before folding back into my car and continuing our trip.

I fell asleep just outside of Lloydminster for a second or two so I pulled into the Wal-Mart parking lot and slept for an hour while my promised one shopped. We then got back on the road and made it to the small town of Radisson, just about out of fuel. We had not stopped to think that everyone would be closed by eleven at night.

We stayed with relatives in Radisson (some of whom I had not seen for years.) we had a huge breakfast in the morning and then it was 'on the road again.'

With some handy hand drawn maps we managed to find our waypoint for this leg of the journey, my grandma & grandpa's place. We stayed there for one night, celebrating their 50th anniversary and hooking up with my family (parents and siblings.) it was the first time in 15 years that everyone of my aunts/uncles, all of their kids, and all of their kids, were in the same place, at the same time. The last time was the wedding of one of my relatives (the ones in Radisson)

So after a relaxing day and a half at my G&G's place (during which i showed promised one all my old haunts) we were off! This time on our way through the nearby city of Saskatoon. We did a few more hours of driving and then arrived at the place i currently am writing to you from. Prince Albert Saskatchewan.

We are hooking up with promised ones family and extended family here to finish off our last week of beautiful, beautiful, vacation.

~~With Love,--
--Whispering Heart~~

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I miss your writing my love, I wonder what you'd post about now?

6:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home